Sunday, April 7, 2013

Theme Fragrance

* Purchased by me.

One of the things that got me into Etsy was Fragrance, and Theme fragrance was one of the companies I stalked for ideas.  I loved the clean lines and easy descriptions on their site. Jump to over two year later, I finally bought a few samples.  I can't tell you how excited I was to get these babies.
Yay, for cute packaging!
I got four little samples in some adorable packaging.

How cute are these? The answer: freaking adorable. 

Each sample came with a roller ball for easy application.  It makes wearing these even easier.

First up is Mantra:

Theme describes Mantra as a beautiful wearable musk with spring florals, resins and honey. If you have turned away from musk type fragrances before this is a sensuous, delicate blend-its girly in a great way. It's also described as being the smell of warm skin.  My impression is that it's a cross between honey a baby powder at the start, and it dries down to a soft sweet musky smell.  It's the smell of skin but better.

Sarong:

Theme describes Sarong as a dreamy vanilla tropical. Best Summer smelling fragrance. Luscious creme de coconut, white vanilla sand, and night blooming flowers. I do love this smell, very tropical and sensual.  At first sniff I get strong coconut and vanilla notes, and as it dries down the vanilla deepens and there are subtle floral notes.  I really hate going to beaches, but this smell makes me feel like I'm there without the headache and sunburn.

Seashell:

Theme describes Seashell as a Pink Grapefruit and other citrus notes with lovely exotic ylang. When I wore it there was a definite pink grapefruit smell with a clean soapy note.  It dried down to a soft floral.  It was very pleasant, but not very memorable. I love the smell of grapefruit and floral, but this seemed a little too soft.  I think paired with Sarong it would be stellar.  

Lastly Frolic:

Theme describes Frolic as the perfect honeysuckle jasmine perfume.  I loved this perfume from first sniff, but when I put it on my skin the scent changed.  There are a few smells that don't react well with my skin one of those is neroli, and there's a touch of neroli in Frolic.  So, my review will not be from me wearing it, but from the sample it's self (if that made any sense.) It's a very sweet and floral perfume.  Right away I got jasmine and the honeysuckle wasn't far behind. 

Overall, I love these little guys and I can't wait to try more.  I hope I did alright at doing my first perfume review. 

Theme can be found on Etsy, Facebook, and their website.

Disclaimer: I bought these with my own money and all opinions are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment