Monday, October 20, 2014

Allure Sample Society: October

*Purchased for the purpose of review





Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE monthly sample boxes. So when I heard about one from Allure, one of the best beauty magazines around I had to have it. It's 15 dollars a month with free shipping. I can say for sure that this month was worth WAY more that 15 dollars. Nothing better than getting a full size high end product for practically free, right?

Unlike some sample services you can't really customize it like you can with services like Ispy. That's a bit of a downside, but overall I'm happy with my box this month and can't wait to get my hands on next month's box. I got four product, three are samples or deluxe samples, but the last one is a full size product. 

I'm not really into self tanning so the Tarte Brazilliance pads are going to go to waste. I think they're a great product, but just not for me.

The sample of Givenchy's new perfume was great because I really wanted to give it a sniff. I was sadly disappointed in the smell. It's far too heavy for my liking. I'm horrible at describing scents so here's a list of the notes. Golden Fruit (Mirabelle Plum), White Flower Bouquet (Mainly Jasmine), Sandalwood, Vetiver, Patchouli.

The Lorac primer is something I might have to get in full size. I'm loving the feel of it. I'm also loving that it's a matte primer. As a girl with super oily skin a matte finish is key. 

Lastly we have a product that I'm the most excited about. I've been on the search for a good eye cream for months and had just about given up. Enter the Restorsea eye cream. A product derived from the sea with all sorts of good for you natural ingredients, and none of the icky ones. When I saw this in the box I squeed a bit. I squeed even more when I found out that the full size is 85 dollars. The final squee came when I went to the site and found out the "sample" I got in my box WAS the full size!!!!!!!!!! There are no words for how excited I was to have an 85 dollar product in my 15 dollar box. If that's the quality I can expect from this every month, sign me up.

What are some of your favorite sample boxes? I'm always looking to try more. 

1 comment: