Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spectrum Cosmetics Nail Polish

*Purchased by me

Hello, dear reader. It's really hot today. Like the third hot day of the year, and I don't like it.  I'm not a hot weather kind of girl.  I prefer things to be cool or even better down right cold.  If it's hot, my brain gets all muddled and I just plain can't think. That is my entire summer in a nutshell. It's amazing I get anything done. In a round about way, I guess I'm saying be prepared for rambling or complete loss of topic. Now, on to the polish.

I've wanted to try this company for ages, and I've finally gotten the chance.  I've known about this Etsy store pretty much since I opened my store in 2011.  I loved their names and their shadow colors.  It wasn't until recently that I discovered they sell nail polish. I would love to try their eyeshadows, but I'm wary of them because I have super oily lids.  I wasn't until super recently that I could wear anything but eye liner. Thank you UDPP, while not making the situation perfect, my shadow at least lasts for several good hours without creasing.

Celaeno:
This polish is part of the seven sister collection and when translated means swarthy.

Personally, I think it's far from swarthy, it's really pretty. It reminds me of China Glaze's Wagon Trail. Which was my third ever China Glaze color, that I bought last summer.  I'm a new comer to China Glaze.

Celaeno is a black base with all sorts of golden shimmer, it's really quite stunning.  It also reminds me of my own Dalekanium polish, but a bit more shimmery.

I did two coats with absolutely no issues. Because it's black, it covers really well.

You can find the entire Seven Sisters collection here. I would really suggest you check them out.  They're all black based with different colored shimmer.  My kind of collection.

Belladonna:
This is the polish that sparked me to buy from Spectrum.  I'm a sucker for blues, but even more so for ones that have something interesting going on. Belladonna did not disappoint.

My pictures can't do this color justice, there is so much purple and pink shimmer in here it's crazy. 

I was looking at this polish again and noticed that in certain lights the shimmer even looks green. HIDDEN COLOR SHIFT! Yes, that's meant to be yelled.  I love hidden color shift, it's like a little present in each manicure.

I just love the tone of this blue, it's kind of a blurple.  One of my favorite shades of blue.

The formula on this was a unique slightly thick jelly.  It wasn't hard to work with at all, and three coats was perfect.

Damson:
I saved my favorite for last, and one is want to do.  I love this color, it's another blurple but with greenish blue shimmer. 

Oh, the shimmer. It makes me drool and weep.  Overall, not a pretty sight. 

There's just so much to love about this polish, It's shimmery, it's a blurple. What do you get when you put those two together? Awesome, that's what.

The coverage on this was a little sheer even with three coats, but I'm willing to bet money it would look smashing over black.  

I'm such a nail nerd that I went on an internet search to find pigment like this.  It's color shifting, but it's subtle.  I think it might be my favorite kind of color shift.

All of these polishes were a dream to work with, and I can't wait to try more.  There are a couple that are catching my eye right now.

You can find Spectrum Cosmetics on Etsy and on Facebook.

Disclaimer: I bought these with my own money and all opinions are my own.










No comments:

Post a Comment