Saturday, May 4, 2013

Orly- Glowstick

*Purchased by Me

Anyone who's read my posts, polish descriptions, or Facebook statuses knows I can't wear yellow nail polish.  Something about my skin tone just doesn't jive.  I've created some really great yellows, but I can't pull them off.

That is until I found Glowstick.  I saw it on someone in a YouTube video and I've been intrigued ever since.  When I got the chance I went to Sally's, but they never had it in stock.  It wasn't until I went to Ulta for the first time ever that I saw it.  There was only one bottle and it was on sale.  Glowstick was finally mine.

My camera threw a fit when I wanted to take neon pictures.  I had to calm it down a bribe it with new batteries. I cannot tell you how excited I am that a yellow exists that I can wear.  

As in love as I am with this polish, there is a downside.  It takes four coats, and even at that there was some splotching.  I wanted to see if it's black light reactive, but I can't find my black light anywhere.  I knew where it was before I moved last June, but I haven't seen it since.  It's kind of putting a damper on my new Neon Ballroom collection too.  

I really love the super brightness of this color, and I have to fight the urge to wear it every time I do my nails.  I've done well so far and only worn it twice, but in the back of my head it's become a go to color.

Overall, this polish is a winner.  I don't often say that about store bought polishes.  I really just prefer to wear indie brands, but I have yet to see a neon yellow that works as well as this one.  Even with it needing four coats.  I'm working on a prototype of something similar for my Better in Books extension. If it works, it's going to be AWESOME!

Disclaimer: I bought this polish with my own money, and all opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment