Monday, April 8, 2013

I Heart Spring Tag

I watched Missglamorazzi on YouTube do this tag.  Since I no longer make videos I thought it would be fun to make a blog post out of it.   Without further delay here are the questions.

1. Favorite spring nail polish?
-This is a hard one.  I make polish, so every one has the potential of being a favorite.  I think just to make it easier I'll stick with a color group.  I love bright blues.  I'm in love with butter London's Slapper and also at the same time Sally Hansen Barracuda. As for my own polishes Happy Birthday to you Blue and Anomalous Bloke have been on my tips quite often.

2. What is your must-have lip color this spring?

-I'm not big on lip colors, but when I do wear lipstick I wear colors that are lip my lips only better. One of my all time faves is Avon's Pout.  If I do wear a color that stands out, I feel weird and too dressed up.

3. Show us your favorite spring dress!

-Again with the hard questions, okay it's really a statement, but you get the point.  I don't wear a lot of dresses.  I just don't find them practical what with working at home and not leaving the house very often. If given the opportunity to wear a dress for something in Spring I would say a bright patterned wrap dress.

4. What's your favorite flower?

-I LOVE Forget Me Nots and Lilacs.  At my old house I had two different kinds of lilacs and would go out and smell them every day.

5. Favorite spring scarf/accessory?

-I'm not a big scarf wearer in the Spring, it's just not my thing.  I do however have an obsession with handbags.  For Spring I really like to have a handbag that pops.  Right now I'm using one made by Rachel Elise on Etsy. It's a satchel (favorite style) and it's green and orange.  So cute. I also have my eye on a Guess bag I saw at Macy's, but it's way more than I want to pay right now.

6. What spring trend(s) are you most excited about this year? (Makeup, fashion or both!)

-I'm really excited about the bright colors of nail polish for Spring.  I'm loving the neon glitters, and would like to work with them more.  I just can't seem to find ones that hold color in my base. I like to keep my face rather neutral, but with my nails almost anything goes.  With the exception of yellow.  There's only one yellow that doesn't look gross on me, and it's Orly Glowstick. I have to fight the urge to wear it every time I do my nails.

7. Favorite spring candle?

-Ooh, candles.  I LOVE candles.  I like anything light and floral.  Truth be told, I need to go candle shopping.  I'm still using up my ones from Christmas.  I got Salted Caramel, it makes me house smell so good. I've heard good things about the spring ones at Bath and Body Works.

8. Favorite body spray/perfume for spring?
-From my own LynBDesigns' perfumes I love wearing Nuance.  It smells like warm skin and fits for any season.  I love to wear bright floral and fruity perfumes.  I love Rue 21's Pink Ice, Calgon's Femme Inferno, and Avon's Free 02.

9. What is spring like where you live?
-So far this year it's been muddy.  I have an all dirt driveway and it's been horrible.  I haven't been able to wear cute shoes since last fall.  Normally it's gorgeous, there's this fresh smell of grass growing and flowers in the air.  I know it may be strange, but you can smell the chickens.  They have a warm dusty smell that just means spring is here.  Yeah, I know I'm weird.

10. What's your favorite thing about spring?
-I think that would have to be not wearing a coat.  I love Winter, don't get me wrong, but by the time April rolls around I'm tired of wearing my Winter coat.  I want to just wear a light long sleeve shirt, a pair of jeans, and of course a cute pair of flats.  A close second is getting to see and smell the flowers.  I've recently discovered that I'm allergic to some flowers, but it doesn't stop me.

11. Are you a spring cleaner?
-I try to be, but I'm the unhealthy combination of lazy and busy.  I'm really busy with my LynBDesigns work, and when I have time off, I tend to do nothing.  My room and office are in sore need of being cleaned, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

12. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation?
-I don't really have anything planned until the Fall when I go to Chicago.  I'd like to plan a few day trips to various places in Michigan.  I'm always looking for photo ops.

So, that was fun.  I always have loved doing tags, and there's no reason you can't do one on your blog.  I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but feel free to do it, if you want to.


If you did do the tag, leave a link to your post in the comments. I'd love to see yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment