Thursday, August 29, 2013

Anne Kathleen Fern and Dahlia

*Provided for the purpose of review.

Anne Kathleen is a new brand that I heard about on Facebook in one of my many nail groups.  Leanne the owner had just created a blogger form and wanted people to test it for her, and I obliged.  A couple weeks later she contacted me about reviewing a couple of her polishes.  I was more than excited. There's something special about getting polishes from a newly minted maker.  She sent me two colors from her first collection, which is based on plants and flowers and it's called Blossoms.

Fern-




I love a good spring green color and Fern is just that. It's a shimmery sheer green base with holographic and iridescent glitters.  On it's own, I'm not sure it could be full coverage.  So I layered it over a bright greenish yellow cream, and I love it.  It's sunny and bright and Fern brightens it even more and adds some much needed sparkle.  Application was good, but it took a longer time to dry than most other polishes.  I don't know if that's because it's five free or not since these are my first ever five free nail polishes.



Dahlia-




Dahlia is a sheer shimmery kind of pinky base with red and silver glitters. Again, I didn't think this would be full coverage so I layered it over a light pink.  I really like the way it looks over the pink, it's subtle and very girly.  Application was great with this one as well, and again it took longer to dry just like Fern did.

Overall, I love the ideas behind the polishes and would love to try more. I also like that polishes can be so versatile.  I can picture both Fern and Dahlia over any number of colors.  I think putting over black would make the light bases really pop.


These polishes are yet to be released, but you can find more info about Anne Kathleen on Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, and they're website.

No comments:

Post a Comment