Friday, August 30, 2013

OPI Alcatraz Rocks

*Purchased with my own money

What can I say? I gave in. I bought my first ever Liquid Sand polish by OPI.  I wasn't planning on it.  It happened completely by chance.  I think I might chalk this one up to Ulta made me do it, and I got three times the points for doing it too.  I had seen pictures of all San Francisco polishes and wasn't that impressed and I had heard that Ulta wasn't carrying the liquid sand colors.  I went into Ulta not expecting to find the gorgeousness of this polish.  I walked up to a display and to my surprise there were all three liquid sand colors.  My first thought was they're great fall colors, but upon picking up the swatches I was blown away by this color.

I'm a sucker for a vampy color and this does not disappoint.  It's a deep cool toned plummy purple loaded with silver, gold, and maybe even a little green shimmery goodness.  Is that enough gushing for you?  Nope, I didn't think so.  I'm not usually one for textured nails.  I like the look, but I never thought I would be able to pull it off.  I tend to obsessively feel my nails if there's an imperfection and pick it until my polish ruined, and I thought this was going to be one of those polishes that ruined my nails.  I'm more than happy to say that I was wrong.  I'm even considering getting a couple more textured polishes when my No Buy is over.





Application was perfect with this only needing two coats for full coverage.  There is a little note on the bottle that says not to use the top coat, but I feel naked without some sort of top coat on.  So I added a coat and it did nothing, it just soaked right in.  But at least at that point I felt better about the polish's staying power.  

OPI can be found in salons and Ulta's across the nation, and I've seen the San Francisco collection in three different stores.  I think it's safe to say it's landed.  Fairly recently OPI raised the price of their polish to around 9 dollars a bottle, but I've never met an OPI that wasn't worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment