Friday, April 26, 2013

Oobleck by Me

*Made by me

Hello, dear readers. I have something very close to heart on the blog today.  It's Oobleck from The Many Colors of Seuss.  To be honest, this was the color that inspired the collection.  As far as I know I've only ever read Bartholomew and the Oobleck once in my life, but it's stuck with me.

I love it's bright springy green with a hint of green shimmery goodness.  This is the epitome of oobleck.  Just looking at this color brings me back to first grade.  Why first grade? That's when I was exposed to oobleck.  We were having a math and science day and my teacher thought it would be cool to make a huge batch of oobleck.  The idea was to test sinking and other fun things.  I didn't think of it like that/  I cried, it's my default reaction.  

I did three coats of this beauty to get full coverage on my stubborn nails.  I can't get over how much I love this color.  I think spring green might be my new favorite color.

If you look closely you can see the shimmer isn't just shimmer.  It's color shift.  That's right it changes from green to blue.  

You can find oobleck here, and find me on Facebook.



3 comments:

  1. Oooh it's pretty! I need this in my next order :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very pretty color. I have a question...why do you put polish onto your cuticles? You should clean it off because it isn't healthy for your nails if you cover your cuticles. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on the color. I'm still fairly new to having other people look at my nails constantly, and I'm still learning. I'm much better at making polish than I am at applying it.

      Delete