Friday, June 21, 2013

Literary Lacquers Anne of Green Gables

*Sent to me for the purpose of review

I recently placed an order with Amy and she was kind enough to send me a few goodies from her new collection to review.  I was so excited to see that she was doing an Anne of Green Gables collection.  When I was little my mom used to read those books to me at bedtime.

Lake of Shining Waters:

A stunning teal linear holo polish.  I'm loving the teal.

I used three coats and then use a coat of top coat.  I love that Amy uses holo pigments that you can use top coat with.

Look at those rainbows.  So pretty.

It was actually bright enough that I took all my photos out on my deck.  It seems that the weather is always against me when I want to do swatches.

Overall, Lake of Shining Waters was perfect.  I had no issues with application or removal.  I can't wait to wear it again.

Anne with an E:

This polish is unlike anything I have in my collection.  It's a very sheer milky white based glitter topper.  My experience is that no amount of coats will make this polish opaque.

I did two coats over a purple jelly and I love the results.  The white kind of muted the purple and made it look dusty, which I love.

The combo of silver and iridescent glitters is stunning and I can't wait to try it over other colors.

When I got to swatch this one, the weather had of course turned on me.

I had no issues with this color either, I do wish it were a little more opaque. 

Marilla's Amethyst Broach:

A perfect shimmery lilac color? I'm in!

Personally, I've never seen amethyst this color before, but the polish is gorgeous.

I did three coats of this beauty and love they way it looks.  It's not just shimmer, it's glass fleck.  

Again, no issues with this color.  I love the purple.  I'm into a purple phase right now, and this is no exception.

Raspberry Cordial:

A raspberry/hot pink linear holo? Just take my money now.

In addition to being a holographic polish there are also a few fuchsia color micro glitters.

I did three coats and there was still a little nail line visible, but that's just my nails.  They don't like sheer polishes.

Overall, this collection was a dream to work with and I can't wait to try more of Amy's polishes.

You can find Literary Lacquer on Etsy and Facebook

Disclaimer: I was sent these for the purpose of review.  All opinions are my own.













No comments:

Post a Comment