Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Butter LONDON Part Two: Give Me Some Shimmer

*Purchased with my own money

Last time I did my Favorite and only Butter LONDON creme polishes.  Today, I've got a few of my favorite shimmers and glitters.  I have three lovelies to show you today, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Wallis was my first ever Butter LONDON. I saw it in a blog post and I knew it had to be mine.  I say that a lot, but in reality when I set my eyes on something I try my hardest to get it.  Wallis was no exception.  I tried to dupe it and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it right.  I did create a lovely color to wear underneath Wallis so you don't use as much., but that's about it





Look at that color! I'm just going to sit here and drool on my keyboard for a minute.  I'm so in love with this polish there are no words to describe it.  It's olivey and darkened gold.  It's stunning, and in this case pictures do a pretty good job of capturing it.  I used three coats to get full opacity with a nice coat of top coat for shine.

Bluey was a color I had wanted for ages.  I'm a blue lover and this was the perfect blue for my collection.  I had nothing else like it, and hadn't seen anything like it either. Blue but with a distinct turquoise shimmer. Love!





Bluey is a tad on the sheer side.  This is three coats and there's still some nail line showing.  I wear this over a similar color so I don't waste it.  I'm stingy like that.  I really love the shimmer in this polish it's so smooth and silky, and the blue just envelopes you.  

Scuppered is the glitter of the bunch.  It's a unique kind of tanish peach with bits of green.  It's really quite a pretty color, but if you try to describe it, it sounds yucky.  There's a mineral called Unakite and this is the nail polish version.  I've really been into browns, oranges, and bronzes recently and this color is perfect.  I think it's my inner Autumn lover showing.  I really am not a Summer person, and I can't wait for Autumn to be here.





This color went on like butter and shimmered relentlessly.  I used three coats, and could have gotten away with two, but I wanted super full coverage.  

You can find Butter LONDON on Facebook, Twitter, and their Website.

Disclaimer: I bought these with my own money and all opinions are my own



2 comments: