Tuesday, July 23, 2013

NerdLacquer- Oi, Spaceman

* Partially purchased and partially gifted from a friend.

They may not be my first Nerds, but they’re just as exciting.  I have three Doctor Who themed polishes for you today in the form of the Oi, Spaceman collection.  Can we just take a minute to appreciate Donna, she is in my top three companions of all time.  I love her sass.  I can honestly say I’ve wanted these three polishes since before I even knew what Doctor Who was.  I found Nerd Lacquer on Etsy and added everything she made to my favorites list, and I would stare at they’re beauty for hours.  Yeah, her polishes were part of the reason I started making my own.

Regeneration is a bright orange with tons and I mean TONS of glitter.  It kind of makes me want to weep when I look at it. It reminds me of my beloved 10 not wanting to go, and my 11 who’s going in December.  Please excuse me while I shed silent tears. Luckily for us all this color is bright and cheerful, and perfect for Summer and Fall.






I did three coats of this stunner and it dried relatively smooth for a glitter.  Removal was a pain even with the foil method, but I got through it. I can't stop staring at this orange even in pictures it's mesmerizing.  I'm so happy to be able to say this polish is mine, it's been at the top of my wish list for about two years.

When I think of the Weeping Angels I get a little shaky and very excited, just the idea that any statue can be one is terrifying.  Of, course that's just one of many irrational fears. Don't Blink is the palest of greys with silver and grey glitters.  Stunning and slightly scary at the same time, I like it.





It's simple, stunning, and a two coater.  You can't get much better than that.  Removal was a breeze with this. I think this is a pretty good representation of one of my favorite villains. My other favorite villain is also the inspiration for the last polish in this trio. Based on Daleks Exterminate is the perfect bronzey brown with gold and blue glitters.




Until very recently Nicholas Briggs (voice of the Daleks) saying "Exterminate" was my text notification. It always gave me a little thrill when it went off.  I know, I'm weird like that.  If you're interested my current text notification is the TARDIS landing.  Can we just take a minute to stare at the depth of this polish? And this is only two coats, I love the glowing from within look it has.  It makes is my favorite non holographic brown ever.

You can buy NerdLacquers on her website, but they're often sold out in minutes. I was super lucky and checked Facebook at just the right time and snagged four of my long time lemmings.

For info on restocks and other such things you can like her on Facebook, and she's on Google Plus as well.

*Disclaimer: I was given one of these as a gift, but bought the other two with my own money.  I was not paid or sponsored in any way for this review and all opinions are my own.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for for contributing to Nail Addicted Sisters giveaway!<3

    ReplyDelete