Friday, February 15, 2013

It's a Mod Lacquer Kind of Day

During one of my late night Etsy sprees I can across a new polish seller.  Mod Lacquer. I have four of her minis to review for you.

First off, Lightning Lime-
Just two coats
So, this polish is stunning and I'm so happy my camera captured it.  It's a bright green color with golden and yellow shimmer.  It only took two coats to have full coverage, but it did dry a bit matte.  So a top coat was in order.

This polish went on like a dream and removal was just as easy.

Overall Lightning Lime is a great color, and I will be wearing it again and again.

Nonpareils-

Three Coats
This is a gorgeous polish.  It's a sheer white crelly base loaded with all colors and shapes and sizes of matte glitters.  

Application was great, but even with three coats he polish was a little sheer,  This would look amazing over a creme white polish.

I do love a good white crelly polish, there's just so much depth to it.  Overall, this color was gorgeous and I will be wearing it again in many different ways.

Elemental Embers-
Two Coats
This is a gorgeous clear based polishes loaded with red, gold, and even some orange small glitters.  I love a good small glitter polish.  For this manicure I did two coats over Wet n Wild's Red Red.  It was the perfect base color for this polish.

Application was great, a tad thick, but not bad.  This is a great topper for over any color.  It just adds a pop of sparkle.  It really reminds me of Autumn and falling leaves.

Overall, this color was a great addition to my collection.  I can see me wearing this all through the fall.

Last but not least UT-opia-
Three Coats on a Cloudy Day
This color is an interesting one.  It's a reddish orange with a hint of shimmer.  Sadly, the clouds took the shimmer away, but the color still looks great. I'd even venture to say that this color would make great undies for Elemental Embers.

Application was good, but like Lightning Lime it dries to a more matte finish.  One coat of Seche took care of that.  I used three coats just to ensure full opacity, but two was pretty close to perfect. Removal was a breeze, and I was pleased to see that there was no staining.

Overall, this polish was great, and again I could see myself wearing it through the fall. It's a perfect burnt orange.

Mod Lacquer can be found here, and her polishes are listed for 9.50 for a 15ml bottle. 

Disclaimer: I was sent these polishes for review, and all opinions are my own.








1 comment:

  1. Ooohh I'm in love of Lightning Lime!!

    Iriel

    ReplyDelete