Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Study in Polish

*Sent for the purpose of review.

I was trolling through Google Search results for Sherlock themes nail polish, and came across A Study in Polish.  She makes fandom related polishes, and started with Sherlock and The Hobbit.  I know I make fandom related polishes too, but there's enough room for many interpretations.  I was honored that I was sent two of these Sherlock themed beauties to review.

First up Consulting Detective:
Totally adorable labels. (Said in Moriarty's voice, of course)
This was the first color of hers that caught my eye.  I'm transitioning into a purple phase.

I love a good bottom of the bottle shot.

I did three coats no undies on all but my ring finger.  For that, I used one coat of Quoth the Raven and one coat of Consulting Detective.

I love the gold, hexes with the purple.  It really makes it pop.  This polish has gold and blue hexes as well as gold micro glitter.  You don't notice the shimmery micro glitter at first, but when you do, it's gorgeous.

Application was great and so was coverage.  I could have gone with two coats, but I like to add a third for various reasons.

Consulting Detective is a winner in my book, and it helps that it's the color of the Purple Shirt of Sex.

On to Not Our Division:

This polish should be Lestrudel oops, I mean Lestrade's division.  It's gorgeous.

Loving this color, but again, I'm partial to blues.

Not Our Division was opaque in just two coats, but the photos show three over no undies on all the nails.

Look at all the blue jelly goodness!

This polish has blue and silver hexes of various sizes and even the tiniest of micro holographic shimmer.  I was wearing this polish for several hours before I even noticed the holographic shimmer.  Talk about a nice surprise.

Overall, both of these polishes were great.  They were both a tiny bit thick, but nothing I couldn't work with.  Surprisingly they both dried relatively smooth. I added a coat of Seche, and after it dried, I couldn't feel any glitter bumps. Which is great because I'm a compulsive glitter picker.

You can find A Study in Polish here, and go check out her great colors.

Disclaimer: I was sent these to review, but all opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review, and I'm not affiliated with the BBC, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, or any of the Sherlock team.











3 comments:

  1. I totally just got Consulting Detective and Consulting Criminal in the mail yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I really like the first one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're pretty great polishes, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete