Saturday, January 26, 2013

Nails Inc Covent Garden Ballet

A few month ago I was on Pinterest and came across a polish color called Baker Street by Nails inc.  I hadn't heard of the brand, being the Sherlock lover that I am I had to have it.  While I searched for a cheap way for me to get Baker Street I came across some other colors from Nails inc that went on my wishlist.  The main one being Covet Garden Ballet.  I tried asking on international polish groups, and searching on Google, but I found nothing.  Until one day in December Google provided me with an eBay listing.  I jumped on it.

So without further ado, on the polish.

Let's just say, I'm in love!

I don't normally go for nude colors, but this one caught my eye.  It's a greige with pink and orange shimmer.  The picture above doesn't show it well, but this baby out in the sun and BAM gorgeous. I used three coats and got great opacity, but some of the pictures show a little VNL.

There's that shimmer I had mentioned.

If there's one thing that will make me fall in love with a polish, it's shimmer.  And, it's even better when that shimmer happens to be in a different color.  Covent Garden Ballet has a quality that I've never seen in any mainstream polishes here in the states.  

Oh look, there's a tiny hair on my ring finger.  How did I miss that?

There is one small downside to this polish in particular.  It was sold in a set of four polish, and finding it by itself is quite a task.

Subtly Gorgeous!
Overall, this polish is awesome with the exception of availability   I would love to work on a color that's similar for my store. Not to use as a dupe, but because I love this kind of polish.  

Bottle Shot...
Nails inc can be found here, and Coven Garden Ballet can be found in a set here

I don't know if this is just a me thing, but for some reason when I find a British brand of polish I get all excited and giddy.  That might just be the Anglophile in me.

Disclaimer: I bought this polish with my own money and all opinions are my own.






2 comments:

  1. I wanted Baker Street for the same reason! I ended up loving it though. Best blue creme I own

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for a good blue polish, and when you throw in a name that evokes one of my favorite shows. I'm a goner. I do love Baker Street, and I'll be doing a post on it soon.

    ReplyDelete