Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Photographic Interlude

You may not be able to tell from some of my swatch photos, but I'm a photographer.  I love taking macro shots, but photographing nails is new to me.  I want to work all of my interests into this blog, and I'm thinking about doing a post month focused on my photography.  I won't be doing one this month because I just started my blog back up and I don't have most of my photos.

Now, to explain where my photos are.  If you follow me on Facebook or look at my Etsy you might have seen some musings about laptop problems.  What I put on there isn't even half the problem.  I'll start from the beginning, I bought a new laptop in August.  I was in love with it, and still am.  It's everything I've ever wanted in a laptop.  Things were going great until two days before Halloween.  I went to work on some labels in Publisher (Yes, I still use Publisher) and my computer stopped working.  I thought it might have been something I had done, so I tried to restart it, but to no avail. So, I got plugged in and started to run some scans.  They all came up with nothing really being wrong.  So, I wound up doing a complete backup and restarting my system to factory standards (Not Fun).

Cut to three days after Thanksgiving and my laptop slows down to a snail's pace.  I took it to my local computer place to see what they could do, and after a week all they could come up with was malware.  Luckily, they didn't charge me anything for their non diagnosis.  When I got my laptop back it was working, but a little slower than normal.  I was just happy to have my computer back.

Now, we're in December and things are going fine.  Since my family celebrate Christmas they wanted me to make a list.  On that list were a few things, including an external hard drive.  That was one thing I was really hoping for.  Well, on the day the world was supposed to end, my computer ended.  I don't know if it was some kind of weird karma or just bad luck, but I was screwed.  I did get the hard drive for Christmas, but I can't use it. I ran the same scans I did in October, and this time there was a result.  My hard drive failed.  It's gone.  I called Best Buy and their going to give me a new hard drive for free.  The problem there is that the closest Best Buy is three hours away.

And ALL of my photos and music are on that hard drive, and I don't know if I can get them back.  It's been a very hard few months.

So, all in all, that's my ranting and round about way of saying I want to do a post about photos I've taken that month. Also, why I won't be doing on in January.  If you read all the way through that, you need a prize. I'm thinking you should treat yourself to some chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome !! I would love to see your pictures !! Sorry your hard drive died ! You are also very funny !! Im gonna go get my self so chocolate as you recommended.

    ReplyDelete